Welcome to our website! We hope you will visit us at Cornerstone Wesleyan Church! We think of ourselves as the “Friendliest Church in the Northland” and pride ourselves on being that type of church.
Cornerstone is located in beautiful Kansas City North at the corner of North Brighton and Pleasant Valley Road. Some say that it only takes a few visits and you are hooked! Come early and enjoy refreshments or join us in prayer.
- We have two Sunday services to meet your needs:
- 9:00 AM and 10:45 AM
- We celebrate Communion the first Sunday of the month. All are welcome to participate.
- Children’s Church is held during service. Participation is always optional.
- ASL is offered upon request
- Cornerstone has an active Teen Group that meets each Wednesday evening at 6:30 PM in the church basement.
Summer is definitely here so I hope you are staying warm and getting to eat a lot of ice cream. If you are new to this briefing, it is simply an attempt to enhance communication and collaboration in our mission to make disciples at Cornerstone.
1. Look Back
- Last Sunday we talked about the “Jesus Pattern” of Up-In-Out. Jesus modeled the “Up” relationship by spending time with the Father, the “In” relationship by spending time with his disciples, and the “Out” relationship by going with his disciples into the community to preach the good news of the Kingdom. The pastoral team will continue to focus on various aspects of this pattern in our teaching time on Sundays in the coming weeks. Let us pray that the Holy Spirit will teach us how to develop individual and corporate life patterns following Jesus’ example.
- Cornerstone has continued to give generously over the last two months. This has enabled continued ministry and the ability to plan things like the block party and the outreach at the Enclave. I believe God wants to challenge us to be even more generous in the coming months. I can’t wait to see how God wants us to invest in the Kingdom!
2. Look Up!
- We will be hearing from our District Superintendent, Max Colaw on Sunday. He will be speaking about “Renewed Vision”
- This Video from the Wesleyan Church might help get us thinking about this vision: https://youtu.be/GoBuTcsqYL0
3. Look Forward
- This Sunday at 5PM – Celebration of Life Service for Roberta Moore.
- July 17-21. Missions team will be working at the church.
- Friday July 21st, 5-8PM – Block Party at the Church with Mission Team! Share on Facebook! Invite your friends. We will have flyers for you to use at church on Sunday!
- July 30th – Young Adult Enclave Outreach 3PM. The young adults will lead us in this mission to reach our community.
Stay cool until Sunday everyone! I look forward to seeing you all this weekend.
Come take part in a festive and FREE family friendly event! Bring a friend and share in the fun!
I hope you had a great Independence Day! It is hard to believe that the week is already half over. As I mentioned last week, I will be sending a weekly email to the KC Cornerstone Leadership team in an effort to maximize communication and collaboration toward the fulfillment of our vision and mission. I hope to keep these both brief and informative. I will follow a simple format for each email–Look Back, Look Up, and Look Forward.
1. Look Back – This section will include reminders about things that have happened or are happening which might need prayer, thanksgiving, and accountability.
- Those who were able met with our District Superintendent, Max Colaw, after church on Sunday. While there is much more work to be done, Max helped us to begin the process of evaluating our vision, mission, and where we are headed in the future. Let’s keep this a constant matter of prayer before the Lord.
- Pastor Tamiko talked about our identity as Ambassadors of Jesus from 2 Corinthians 5 last week. A few weeks ago I asked the question, “Why Disciple?” The answer was simply that Jesus has given us a new identity by exchanging our sin with his righteousness so that we might be ambassadors for the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Let us be thinking about tangible ways we can respond to this truth in the life of Cornerstone.
2. Look Up – This section will include something the Lord is teaching me. It might be a Scripture verse, a devotional link, a video link, or just a few thoughts.
3. Look Forward – This section will include important calendar events and actions steps needed to move forward.
- This Saturday, July 8th, 8 AM Men’s Breakfast at Golden Corral.
- July 16th – Max Colaw will be addressing the church and bringing the morning messages.
- July 16th at 5 PM – Celebration of Life Service for Roberta Moore.
- July 17-21, Justin Mativa and Missions Team will be working at the church.
- July 21st – Block Party at the Church with Mission Team! Make plans to attend on Friday Evening and invite your friends.
- July 30th – Young Adult Enclave Outreach 3 PM. Let’s help the young adults reach this community for Jesus.
God bless you all! I look forward to seeing you and spending time with you on Sunday.
6:30 to 8:00 PM
Wednesday, May 31st
5th Graders Only
FOOD! GAMES! PRIZES! YOU TUBE CHALLENGES!
Cornerstone Wesleyan Church
6609 N Brighton
Kansas City, Mo 64119